LaseMD Ultra Skin Resurfacing Laser Treatment
Published on I-Fashion Magazine Issue August 2020
LaseMD Ultra is a non-ablative fractional laser to treat a wide range of skin concerns: fine lines, hyperpigmentation, sun damage, and skin medical conditions such as Actinic Keratosis. It was developed by Lutronic, a leading developer of intelligent energy-based medical devices.
LaseMD Ultra is an upgraded version of its already popular LaseMD. It allows us to treat multiple areas quickly and effectively with impressive results. The treatments are comfortable with no downtime, it is also at a lower cost compared to other laser treatments. Gentle, customizable for multiple areas, and suitable all year round.
What To Expect
- A numbing cream will be applied prior to the session.
- After 30-45 minutes the session begins. You will feel some heat and tingling as the laser is passed over the skin. The number of passes and procedure time will depend on the depth of the treatment, lasting anywhere from 5-30 minutes.
- A face serum/ face mask can be applied right after the procedure to soothe the skin and maximize its efficacy.
- Some redness is expected immediately after the treatment, optimal results are expected to be visible within 2-5 days but healing time can last from 1-6 days depending on the depth of the treatment and the patient skin condition.
- Treatments can be scheduled on a monthly basis and you can see results from the first session. The frequency of treatments will vary from patient to patient and it will depend on an individual’s goal.
Some laser treatments are considered to be unsafe and not as effective in darker skin tones. Dr. Jeanine B. Downie highly recommends the use of LaseMD Ultra in all skin types including dark skin patients. She is a board certified by the American Board of Dermatology and holds medical licenses in the states of New Jersey, New York, and California. She offers laser treatment at her private practice, Image Dermatology P.C. located in Montclair, N.J.
Her expertise includes state-of-the-art lasers for treatment of scars, wrinkles, broken blood vessels, brown spots, and laser hair removal. She also uses sclerotherapy for the removal of unsightly leg veins. Facial treatments using Voluma, Volbella, Perlane, Juvederm, Sculptra, Restylane, Radiesse, and Botox to eliminate facial lines and wrinkles. Also, Glycolic, Salicylic, Trichloracetic Acid, Vi Peel, Vitalize, and Rejuvenize peels for facial rejuvenation are offered.
For more information, you can visit the websites https://www.imagedermatology.com and https://us.aesthetic.lutronic.com/products/lutronic-ultra.