The Pre-Fall season made its debut when collections dropped in the stores early Summer. It is the longest running season. It showcases commercial Fall fashion outfits, and it is the prelude to Fall, giving you a taste of what the next season will be. From bright hues to floral patterns, the inside is here!
PRE-FALL AND FALL TRENDS 2018
Fall Fashion Must Haves 2018
The most significant Fall fashion 2018 trends from the Pre -Fall Collections as Vogue described from the past runways shows are:
- Mini Skirts: As seen in runways show, Fall clothes from Chanel with 1960’s vibe, Valentino with a more 80’s feeling and Stuart Vevers also presented the mini skirt in his collection with a rocker spice.
- Cargos: Pants are so versatile that designers are always updating silhouettes. Sonia Rykiel presented a more relaxed wide-leg pair, and Dsquared went all the way adding pockets and make you forget about needing a purse.
- Oversized: Power shoulders and huge ruffles, an influence from the 80’s, Balenciaga went all in with multilayered oversized coats, following the trend Simone Rocha and Missoni. The runways also presented big wraps in different textures and shapes. Georgio Armani tucked it neatly, and Roksanda styled it over the shoulders.
More 2018 Fall Fashion Women Trends
- Animal Print: Showcased by Isabel Marant with snake pattern trousers and Victoria Beckham with leopard print coats.
- Bright Hues: From Prada to Brandon Maxwell and Chanel, designers favorited vibrant shades of yellow and orange, pairing it together with black, red and electric blue.
- Statement headwear: Dior showcased baker boys hat, Calvin Klein preferred knitted hats, excellent to keep you warm and styled. The headwrap also made it to the Alexander Wang show.
Shop the Fall trends
Regarding prints trending for this Fall season, Patternbank team, a print-pattern forecasting company analyzed the pre-Fall and Fall collections concluding that the most used patterns seen in the runways of Gucci, Lela Rose, Nicolle Miller, Cynthia Rowley and more were as they called it: Botanical Burst with florals dresses and blooms. Also Geometrical and Paisley pattern was seen in the runways shows for F/W 18.
FALL 2018 COLOR TRENDS
The Pantone Color Institute every year creates a color trend report highlighting the top colors designers will use in their collections. It is an excellent guide to Fall 2018 forecast for the future tendencies in the runway.
A bold palette of autumnal hues and non-traditional colors are part of the Fall/Winter 2018 report. Strong enough to create a statement on their own or mixed with other unexpected shades to create a unique look, take a look and pick your favorites.
Don’t forget to pin it!
Photo credit: Sandra Cristina